How to judge the quality of aluminium flip off seals by their appearance
Aluminium flip off seals are mainly used in the medical and chemical packaging industries. Different industries have different requirements for medical aluminium-plastic lids. To get a better understanding of aluminium flip off seals, today let's see how to judge the quality of aluminium flip off seals by their appearance.
1. Check the riveting point of aluminium flip off seals: the riveting point should be of the same size, the surface should be smooth, of uniform thickness, without burrs, and the colour should be consistent with the colour change of the plastic cover. The diameter of the riveting point should be 1-1.5mm larger than the diameter of the riveting hole of the aluminium cover. The automatic forming machine of the aluminium-plastic combination cover for medicine can meet all the above requirements. And manual riveting, the surface will appear uneven, the periphery is not round, brushed, burrs and other phenomena, especially when using hand tools for riveting, electric heat temperature control, riveting materials are unevenly heated, there will be discolouration, or even the phenomenon of scorching.
2. Check the gap between aluminium flip-off seals plastic parts and aluminium parts: use mechanical equipment to rivet the cap into shape, while heating and pressure, plastic parts and aluminium parts closely combined, no gap. The manual riveting can not add pressure, resulting in a large gap between the aluminium cap and the plastic cap, which can be shaken up and down.
3. Check whether the aluminium flip off seals are deformed: whether the edges of the aluminium cover are neat, whether the height of the aluminium cover meets the packaging requirements and the oxidation treatment (or coating treatment), etc. The roundness of the aluminium cap directly affects the normal operation of the capping machine. The gap between the inner diameter of the aluminium cap and the outer diameter of the bottle must not be too large, otherwise there will be wrinkled edges when sealing.
4. Check the tearing point of aluminium flip off seals after opening: check whether the burr at the break point is too large after opening the medical aluminium-plastic combination cap; check whether the medical aluminium-plastic composite cap has a burr or is unbroken after opening.
5. check the strength of aluminium flip off seals: aluminium cover must be made of aluminium alloy (8011-H16) in addition to the thickness of the aluminium material is also an important reason that directly affects the strength of the aluminium cover. The thickness of aluminium cover material changes with the change of outer diameter. The general diameter of 13 - 20mm aluminum cover, aluminum thickness in the range of 0.18 - 0.2lmm; 28 - 33mm aluminum cover, aluminum thickness in the range of 0.23 - 0.25mm to choose.